EASTERN TELECOMMUNICATIONS PHILIPPINES, INC.’S
Eastern Telecommunications Philippines, Inc. (“Eastern Communications”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”) respects and values the data privacy rights of its Partners (“You” or “Your”). For avoidance of doubt and for purposes of this Policy, the term “Partners” include Customers, Prospective Customers, Employees, Employment Applicants, Suppliers, and other third persons with whom Eastern Communications have contractual relations with and their respective authorized representatives, or with individuals who have agreed to be involved in Our activities.
Types of Personal Data Collected
In collecting and processing Personal Data, We adhere to and comply with the provisions and policies embodied in Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other relevant laws and policies, including the issuances of the National Privacy Commission.
The types of Personal Data that We collect depend on the service that You availed or intended to avail from us or, otherwise, depend on Our contractual relationship, including but not limited to:
- Full name, place of birth, residential/permanent address;
- Employment or business information and position;
- Your contact details, including telephone number, mobile number, and email address; and
- Payment details, including credit card and banking information (Customers and suppliers only).
For employees and employment applicants, in addition to the foregoing, we may also collect the following Personal Data:
- Employment background, including compensation details;
- Employment performance, assignments, movements, and job profiles;
- Employment benefits utilization and availment;
- Compensation and Payroll Bank Account Details;
- Training and Development Data; Family background; and
- Character references.
We will collect your Sensitive Personal Information only with your consent and when allowed or required by law or regulation. To process your application for Our Service, accredit you as Our Supplier, or evaluate your employment application, We also collect Your Sensitive Personal Information as follows:
- Government-issued identification cards, such as passport, SSS/GSIS, driver’s license;
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), Social Security System (SSS) number, PhilHealth number, and other government issued numbers;
- Gender, educational background, nationality, date of birth and age;
- Tax returns;
- Civil, criminal or administrative case records, if any (suppliers, employees and employment applicants only); and
- Health condition and medical certificates (employees and employment applicants only).
In the course of Our relationship and/or of providing You Our Services, we may collect, process and store additional Personal Data, to the extent allowed by law, including your transactions, payment history, account history, and inquiries about Our services.
We also collected Your Personal Data when You applied for Our Services or when You applied for employment or applied to accredited as Our supplier, filled-out Our form, or when you gave us a call, sent us an email or any communication, attended Our marketing events or job fairs, joined Our promotions, responded to Our customer or employee survey, or accessed Our websites, mobile applications, various communications and other Eastern Communications owned, operated, or commissioned websites (collectively, the "Sites").
By providing Personal Data to various means sanctioned by Us or by accessing the Sites, You expressly give Your consent to the use of the Personal Data disclosed to or collected by Us in the course of utilizing the Sites or in availing any of Our services (“Services”) in the manner described in this Policy. We may collect Your Personal Data from other organizations, such as credit bureaus, professional organizations and other associations, and various marketing and promotions with which we partner and have executed a Data Sharing Agreement as required by law.
We may also collect other relevant information when:
- Creating an Account –Your username, password, birth place, nationality, email address, contract details and other relevant information.
- Availing of Services - the type Services availed, the installation address, the amount billed and paid for the Services, how frequently the Services was used, rewards or loyalty points earned, and rewards or loyalty points redeemed, name and position of Your authorized representative and his or her contract details
- Card or Voucher Registration - the card or voucher number, card or voucher transactions, including card or voucher activation, load details, and others relevant information.
- Surveys and other Online Interactions - demographics information, comments, feedbacks, questions or suggestions, information relevant to the survey and other information on subjects that may interest You.
We may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify You. We may combine information We collect about You with information We receive from third parties.
Use of Information
We may use Information about You for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to You on Our Sites or with Our Services or in the course of providing goods and services to Supplier or Your employment, whichever is applicable. We may use information about You to:
I. For Customers
- Verify Identity or Authority of Your authorized representatives.
- Daily operation or provision of services, products, facilities and other Eastern Communication Services to You
- Process and manage Your availment or use of Our Services, including Your accounts and program participation, Your use of the Sites.
- Respond to Your Customer Experience inquiries, post Your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on Our Sites, or take other actions in response to Your inquiries or other Site activities.
- Create personalized promotions by combining Your Information with non-personal information about You, such as the types of Services You availed, the amounts You paid for Our Services, the websites that You frequently visited or any benefits You receive through Our Services or programs.
- Communicate with You by post, telephone, email and SMS about the Services, Your accounts and program participation, a contest or promotions You joined, and Your requests for information.
- Communicate with You by post, telephone, email and SMS about Our products and Services, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers.
- Determine the services that are relevant to You and Your business, contact You about marketing events and Our services that we believe may interest You, and to carry out aggregated and anonymized research on telecommunication service needs.
- Conduct background checks relevant to the Services You intend to avail.
- Comply with regulatory requirements such as but not limited to tax and credit standing submissions.
II. For Employees or Employment Applicants:
- Evaluate Your employment application
- Process Your salary and benefits,
- Monitor your attendance
- Evaluate Your performance
- Assess and determine Your employment assignment or movement
- Propose or require training and developmental activities relevant to Your role
- Comply with governmental requirements.
III. For Suppliers
- Process Your application for accreditation
- Evaluate your performance
- Implement contracts and process payments
- Comply with governmental requirements.
We only store Your Personal Data for a reasonable period and only in accordance with the foregoing purposes, which is not for period longer than ten (10) years from the time of cessation of Our contractual relationship or for such period as may be necessary to show compliance with government requirements. We keep certain Personal Data of employees for a period not to exceed 45 years from collection in order to show compliance with mandatory government contributions. Further, the Personal Data that We collect from You may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Philippines, such as Hong Kong, Singapore, United States of America, Germany or France, or in other countries.
Sharing of Personal Data with Third Parties
Eastern Communications respect Your right to privacy. However, to improve Our Service and Your experience or relationship with us, we may share Your Personal Data in limited ways.
- We may share Personal Data about You with others with Your consent.
- We may share Personal Data with Our subsidiaries, Our parent and other affiliated companies with your consent.
- We may also share Personal Data with companies that provide support services to Us (such as call centers, banks, credit card processors or other payment services providers, mailing houses or website hosts, payroll service provider, insurance and health providers) and that help Us market Our products and Services (such as email vendors). These companies may use Personal Data about You to perform their functions on Our behalf.
- If You participate in any blog or other online forum on Our Sites, any Personal Data that You post on Our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all Our business assets, We may disclose Personal Data to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify You.
Personal Data Updates
We offer choices for You to request to update or change Your Personal Data for You to ensure its accuracy and completeness and how We communicate with You. Here are some of the ways You can request changes or communicate any concern:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails We send You.
- Log in to Your online account through Our Sites or Our mobile application, if You have one, to manage Your contact information (e.g., SMS text, email and postal address) preferences and to update Your Personal Data.
- Contact Us at the information set forth at the end of this document.
If You opt out of receiving promotional communications from Us, We may still send You non-promotional communications such as emails about Your accounts or Our ongoing business relations.
You can usually choose to set Your browser to warn You when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at Your browser Help menu for the correct way to modify Your cookie settings. If You choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or services on Our Sites.
You can also request to be given a copy of Your Personal Data through the contact information set forth at the end of this document.
Protection and Security of your Personal Data
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to maintain appropriate organizational, physical, technical and security and breach incident measures to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Data that we store in paper and/or electronic formats, by establishing and enforcing:
- Implementation of our internal processes and activities with the view to protecting your data privacy rights;
- Requirement to maintain confidentiality amongst our employees and Personal Information Processor or those who collects, processes and stores Personal Data in our behalf;
- Privacy training for all our employees;
- Policies on document storage, security measures such as firewalls and data encryption, and restricted access to our records, systems and premises
- Limitations on access to personal data; and
- Strict selection of third party data processors and partners.
While We take these reasonable efforts to safeguard Your Personal Data, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We will update this Policy from time to time by posting a new Policy on Our Sites with a change in the date at the top, sending You the link of the revised Policy through email, or indicating in Your Statement of Account the link to the revised Policy.
We encourage You to check the date of Our Policy when You visit this Site for any updates or changes.
Third Parties’ Personal Data
Use of Personal Data for Marketing, Promotions and Surveys
With your consent, we may use Your Personal Data to let you know about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including products and services from Our related companies.
Such marketing activities may be via mail, telephone, SMS, email, or any other electronic means. We may also market Our products to you through third party channels (such as social media sites), or via other companies who assist us to market Our products and services.
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome Your questions, comments and concerns about this Policy or any other privacy concerns. For any questions relating to data privacy within Eastern Communications or this Policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer, as follows:
Telephone No.: +63 2 300-2151
Address: 8F, Telecom Plaza
316 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Salcedo Village
Makati City, Philippines